Led Zeppelin Joins TikTok, While Adele and Luke Combs Spark New Trends
Led Zeppelin “Rambles On” to TikTok, Creators Get Spooky with a Halloween Theme Song Remix, and Curtis Roach Rises Again
Each week, the TikTok Treats newsletter gives a snapshot of the state of music on TikTok, touching on trending hits, emerging artists, superstar moves, ascendant memes, and much more. From the sweet sounds of Adele to the ominous sounds of a Halloween theme song remix, check out some of the tracks and trends that are taking off on TikTok this week:
- Here’s some news that won’t make you “sad, sad, sad”: as part of TikTok’s #Rocktober celebration, the legendary Led Zeppelin has officially joined TikTok! Along with the launch of their official TikTok account, the band’s full discography is now available to the TikTok community. The account will feature iconic Led Zeppelin artwork and graphics, classic live performances, and other unique video content. TikTok users can now soundtrack their video creations with any of the 100+ studio and live Led Zeppelin tracks, including iconic tunes like “Stairway to Heaven,” “Whole Lotta Love,” and “Ramble On.” They’ve already posted their first video as a teaser for fans to let them know they’re officially on the app and have much in store.
- There are few artists who have the ability to get the world deep in their feelings like Adele. With the release of her new heartfelt track “Easy On Me,” one of music’s most beloved singer-songwriters has won the hearts of the TikTok community. The chorus’ intro lyric “Go easy on me baby / I was still a child” is inspiring creators to reflect on their childhoods and life-changing events. From moms displaying the ways that they do special things for their kids that their own parents weren’t able to do for them, to other moms reflecting on becoming a mom at a young age, “Easy On Me” seems to be the perfect sound to make creators tap into their emotions. It has even proven to be a hit amongst TikTok’s dramatic dog community. The song has garnered over 287.1K creations on the app so far and reached #1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 this week, showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
- Detroit rapper Curtis Roach had a major moment on TikTok last year when his “Bored in the House” took off on the app, inspiring over 3.5 million video creations and bagging Tyga for the remix. He’s now seeing success again on the app with “COMMA$”. The catchy track has sparked a #nottodaychallenge consisting of creators using the text-on-screen feature to exhibit the habits and behavior they refuse to experience any longer. The song is soundtracking creations from those who are letting everyone know what they won’t tolerate in relationships, on their quests to chase their dreams, and advice from their personal trainers that they avoid. Curtis Roach has even been participating in this challenge on his own page, using his song to reference the negativity he’s putting behind him after 2021.
- Typically, one doesn’t think of a highway gas station as a particularly romantic place, but some creators on TikTok have expressed interest in waiting at those fuel stops for the man of their dreams. Using TikTok favorite Luke Combs’ 2019 song, “Blue Collar Boys” (13.3K+ creations), the wives of blue-collar workers share their humorous thoughts on the community’s latest proclivity–some wives find comfort in their husbands’ off-the-job laziness, while others joke that women who come looking for a suitor may encounter female workers instead. Male workers also join in on the fun, sharing that they’re no longer allowed to go to the gas station, per their wives’ requests.
- As Spooky Season reaches its climax, the TikTok community has an insatiable appetite for Halloween content. Ahead of the holiday, creators are using a remix to John Carpenter’s classic Halloween theme song to prepare themselves for a night full of scares and free candy. Boasting over 145K platform and user-generated creations combined, the eerie piano composition soundtracks creators’ best impressions of Michael Myers as they attempt to scare people in public and share children’s reactions to their costumes. In other creations, TikTok users prank their clients with halloween masks, participate in the trend of wearing a carved pumpkin on their head, and spark debate about which Michael Myers era was the least frightening.
Continuing TikTok’s #Rocktober celebration, ‘00s rockers Papa Roach and Simple Plan are preparing for some guitar-fueled fun on the app. On October 27th at 5 PM PT/8 PM ET, both bands will be going head-to-head in a #BattleOfTheBands via TikTok LIVE on Papa Roach’s TikTok, as they perform a number of their classic tracks in a battle for mall punk supremacy.
Rising Italian rock band and TikTok favorites Måneskin are also gearing up to celebate #Roctober and perform some of their hits–including their TikTok-fueled global hit “Beggin” (10.6 million video creations)–in an exciting TikTok LIVE, via their own TikTok, on October 30th at 5 PM PT/8 PM ET. Stay tuned for even more surprises for TikTok’s biggest #Rocktober to date.
Check TikTok’s newsroom for more noteworthy stories: newsroom.tiktok.com
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Their mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
TikTok’s Newsroom: https://newsroom.tiktok.com/en-us
Check out previous editions of TikTok Treats, a weekly newsletter about the most interesting music happenings on TikTok:
Dwayne Johnson, George Michael, and Jack Stauber Inspire New TikTok Trends
On TikTok: A Bee Gees Remix, A Very Juggalo Halloween, and Some Rising Hitmakers
Rosalía, Coi Leray, and MCR Highlight the Week in TikTok Music
Balvin, Doja, and Mariah Lead a Star-Studded Week on TikTok
Sam Smith, Ciara and Breakout PinkPantheress Highlight the Week on TikTok
Lizzo Starts “Rumors,” bbno$ Eats “edamame,” and More Hip-Hop TikTok Stories
#AltTikTok, Alt-J, and All-Time Rap Classics Define Music on TikTok This Week
Cats, Babies, & Vietnamese Techno Highlight the Week in TikTok Music
On TikTok: Normani, Reba, and a Gas Station Star
The Kid Laroi Meets Bieber, Drake Runs Thru The 6, and More From TikTok
BIA Meets Nicki, Stromae Slows Down, and More TikTok Trends
On TikTok: Music Trends Inspired by Kanye, Young Nudy, and…Meryl Streep?
Avril Lavigne, Bo Burnham, and Gucci Mane Lead The Week in TikTok Trends
TikTok Summer Madness: Lorde Leads a Pack of New Trending Songs
Swae Lee, WILLOW, Mitski & More Inspire Trends on TikTok
Only On TikTok: Lil Durk & City Girls Trend Alongside…The Backyardigans?
On TikTok: BTS Army Takes Over, Carti Demands Silence, and Fans Anticipate F9
Olivia Rodrigo Catches Fire, Miguel Helps Users Catch Feelings, and More TikTok Stories
Saweetie, Calvin Harris, and Bella Poarch Highlight The Week in TikTok
Another One? DJ Khaled, Lizzo, and More Make the Week in TikTok
Doja Cat, Little Simz, and El Alfa Inspire TikTok Trends
Britney Spears, Chloe Bailey, and Diplo Make Waves on TikTok
Dua Lipa, Drake, and Bell Biv DeVoe Make Waves on TikTok
DMX Gets His Flowers, Silk Sonic Reaches #1, and More TikTok Stories
TikTok Unveils Music-Powered Filters, Lil Nas X Debuts At #1, and More TikTok Stories
Bieber Tops The Charts, Young Thug Premieres New Music, and More TikTok Stories
Demi Lovato Kicks Off TikTok’s New Livestream Series Headstream
Rock Music Thrives on TikTok, Just Ask Yungblud, Beach Bunny, and More
Shania Hops On Board, Kid Cudi Tosses and Turns, and More TikTok Stories
On TikTok: Kali Uchis and Coi Leray Hit the Charts as Bobby Shmurda Comes Home
Rihanna, Brent Faiyaz, and Giveon Lead TikTok’s R&B Moment
T-Pain, Hyperpop, and Anti-Valentine’s Anthems Take TikTok By Storm
Cardi Goes Up, Uzi Goes Down (to Sleep), and More TikTok Stories
Black History Month Kicks Off, Mark Ronson Duets, and More Music Stories From TikTok
Cardi Goes Up, Uzi Goes Down (to Sleep), and More TikTok Stories
Dave Grohl, Migos, Miley, and More Happenings on TikTok
This Week on TikTok: Olivia Rodrigo Hits #1 as Memes & Mashups Flourish
New Year, New TikTok Trends: Alicia Keys, Remembering MF DOOM & More
Paul McCartney, Holiday Celebrations, and New Year’s Eve Live on TikTok
TikTok Releases First U.S. Music Report: Here Are Some Key Insights
How TikTok’s Top 10 Songs of 2020 Impacted the Industry