Slitwristshawty, BloodyBoyGoon, & R Baron Present Mudd Classics Vol. 1, A New Compilation Mixtape of Rising Detroit Talent
Southwest Detroit Rapper Kane Kash Shines in the Video for Tape Highlight “P.A.D.”
Curated By Slitwristshawty, the New Compilation Tape Collects Fresh Faces From a Fertile Detroit Scene
The Mixtape + Video:
Detroit has one of the deepest talent pools in the rap game, packed with a seemingly endless amount of colorful characters, raw spitters, and rising stars. Today, local tastemaker Slitwristshawty teams up with BloodyBoyGoon and R Baron to release Mudd Classics Vol. 1, a compilation tape that highlights some of the up-and-coming rappers from the Motor City. Mudd Classics, Vol. 1 showcases a rising crop of world-weary wordsmiths, who pack bunches of quotable bars into small packages–no song on the tape passes the 2:30 minute mark.
Along with the mixtape, Mudd Classics rapper Kane Kash shares “P.A.D.,” his new video single. Short for “Pimpin’ Ain’t Dead,” the GloPaul-produced “P.A.D.” is a hard-charging Detroit-style anthem, complete with piano arpeggios and 80s-style electric keys. Over the course of the song’s verse, Kane Kash explains how he progressed from drug dealin’ to pimpin’, giving away priceless game without incriminating himself in the court of law. The video starts as Kane Kash gives two eager students a lesson in pimpin’, teaching the rules of his trade before launching into his song.
Mudd Classics Vol. 1 is streaming everywhere via UpAndOn1.
Buy/Stream Mudd Classics Vol. 1: https://orcd.co/n95yrq7
Watch Kane Kash’s new video “P.A.D.”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSCBHGPoaGc
Mudd Classics Vol. 1 tracklist:
- “B2B” – Skoot Luciano ft BigTicketJuice (Prod. by Baby Gvee)
- “Finish Move” – East Ken & LIE Wayne
- “I Ain’t Tryin To Hear U” – Yogi Bows ft Da Don (Prod. by MookMadeIt)
- “P.A.D.” – Kane Kash (Prod. by gl0paulbeatz)
Slitwristshawty Introduces the Cast of Mudd Classics Vol. 1:
- East Ken – East Ken is a 19 year old up and coming artist — an Eastside Detroit native with a promising future. East Ken is one of the members of L.I.E HB (Loyalty is Everything Hungry Boyz) a Detroit rap group from the Eastside of Detroit. East Ken keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what’s the next catchy bar he is going to say.
- Kane Kash – Kane Kash is a 24 years old from Southwest Detroit artist, known for his flashy scam talk. On the mixtape he delivers a crazy song “P.A.D.” (Pimpin Ain’t Dead), painting the picture and getting his point across that he’s not taking any paper shortage. He needs his money up front! Kane Kash and GloPaul his producer lock in and make hits every time they link up on a track! Kane Kash is one of the members of the great 527 Deuce crew.
- Yogi Bows – Yogi Bows is an artist from Southwest Detroit, also a part of the big camp 527 Deuce. Yogi is known for his crazy bars and melodic sounds. He will out rap you and say “how you want it” confidently. Yogi Bows’ ability to freestyle is really crazy and very few artists can get in their bag like Yogi does.
- Da Don – 22 year old artist Don, a member of 527 Deuce. Born and Raised on the Eastside of Detroit! Real East Warren and 7 Mile ties. He’s only been rapping since 2018. Don used music to escape reality during a bad point in his life and he never looked back, falling in love with the process. Look out for his solo project dropping this fall with a lot of big heavyweight stars in the city.
- L.I.E. Wayne – 18 year old artist from the Eastside of Detroit who says 50 Cent is the artist that influenced his sound. He’s been rapping for 2 years yet it feels like he came out the womb wanting to rap! Wayne is a member of LIE HB along with East Ken and TwanBand. The big Detroit Trio! Wayne has a lot of visuals on the way and is sitting on a lot of great music.
- BigTicketJuice – 20 Years Old From 6Mile (900), Big Ticket Juice says after his junior year in high school he knew he wanted to pursue the rap game. Artists like No Cap and Babyface Ray influenced his sound. His goals? To make the Forbes and XXL!
- Skoot Luciano – 21 years old. Upcoming artist Skoot Luciano has a lot of potential to be the next star out of Detroit. Skoot is from Mack Ave and is one of the most consistent artists in the game. Skoot is a solo artist but is very close to both groups Big Ticket and LIE HB. Skoot Linked Up With Big Ticket Juice To Deliver The Hit “B2B” ! Skoot is a very versatile artist and always tries to top the song he made which shows he has a very promising future in the music business.
Click HERE to check out photos of the Mudd Classics rappers
Mudd Classics Vol. 1: Smartlink