Untrapped: The Story of Lil Baby
Streaming Worldwide on Prime Video August 26
Watch the New Clip from the Film
Lil Baby has been one of the world’s most impactful artists since his first release in 2017. Untrapped: The Story of Lil Baby chronicles the life of the Grammy®-winning rapper, known to friends and family as Dominique Armani Jones, and his meteoric rise to the top of the hip hop world.While still a teenager he became one of the most notorious figures in the streets of West Atlanta before he was arrested and sent to prison. After his release in 2016, he faced a hard choice: Return to the fast money of the streets or take a chance that his charisma and untested talent could bring him success as a rapper. In 2020, his second album, My Turn, was the year’s top seller across all music genres. Today Lil Baby is a devoted father to his two young boys and a powerful voice in the fight for racial justice and police reform. Untrapped: The Story of Lil Baby is at once an intimate portrait of a singular artist and activist and an exploration of the systemic oppression that keeps far too many people of color from participating in the American Dream.
Watch the new clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW4C7NdSNm4
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy-winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, Harlem, Reacher, Hotel Transylvania: Transformania, The Tender Bar, Being the Ricardos, The Tomorrow War, and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, prescription savings, and access to ad-free music, books, and games. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
About Quality Control Music
Quality Control Music was founded in 2013 by CEO Pierre “P” Thomas and COO Kevin “Coach K” Lee. Garnering billions of streams yearly from groundbreaking acts like Migos, Lil Yachty, Lil Baby and City Girls, Quality Control is without a doubt leading the charge as one of the biggest and most influential labels of today. In 2020, QC’s Lil Baby released My Turn, the highest selling & streaming album of the year and the first album of 2020 to go RIAA certified double-platinum, with his entire catalog hitting over 37 Billion streams to date in 2022. The Quality Control empire has continued to expand, launching their subsequent management wing Solid Foundation Management, film & TV wing Quality Films, sports wing QC Sports, and investment wing Quality Ventures. As digital strategists and label execs, Coach and P have earned the prestigious titles of Executives of the Year by Billboard and Innovators of the Year by Variety. Spearheading their way through the culture in music, film, sports and TV by breaking unknown acts, athletes and talent and taking them all the way to stadiums, QC has undoubtedly become the modern day blueprint for success in the industry.
About MGX Creative
MGX CREATIVE is a production company that explores popular culture through bold and stylistic storytelling. Founded in 2017 by Karam Gill and Daniel Malikyar, MGX is emerging as a force in the premium documentary space. Recently Gill and Malikyar have received top honors including being named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 and Variety Top 10 Documentary Filmmakers to Watch lists. Through authentic storytelling and a deep rooted understanding of youth culture, MGX is partnered with today’s most impactful musicians on a slate of upcoming documentary projects.