Video: Zaytoven & Fo15 – “Run The Score” ft. Lil Yee, Lil Bean & ZayBang
“Run The Score” is the Latest Video from Zaytoven Presents: Fo15, a Compilation Mixtape That Unites San Francisco’s Finest Street Rappers Over Zaytoven’s Sparkling Production
San Francisco street rap is flourishing, asserting itself as a major force in the Bay Area street rap scene. In the new music video “Run The Score,” three of the scene’s finest rappers show off atop a beat from legendary trap superproducer Zaytoven, who perfected his craft in SF before heading to Atlanta. An atmospheric, slow-moving trap track with subtle cellos accenting booming 808s, “Run The Score” is the perfect vehicle for boss talk, each emcee bringing a different element to the table as they talk their smack: Lil Yee delivers the song’s hook, touting his designer threads in a plaintive croon; Lil Bean mixes auto-tuned melodies and rapidfire triplets in his tough-talking 16; and the raspy-voiced ZayBang ties the track together with a snarling verse. In the video, Yee, Bean, and ZayBang rep their city’s teams (Yee and ZayBang decked out in Giants black and orange, while Bean wears a custom 49ers letterman jacket) as they party with a group of models, talk shop with Ghazi, CEO of EMPIRE, and chill with notable figures like ALLBLACK, Hitmaka, Larry June, Jay Worthy, Offset Jim, and Cookie Money.
“Run The Score” is the latest video from Zaytoven Presents: Fo15, a compilation mixtape that celebrates SF’s rising rap scene and charted in the top 20 of Apple Music’s Hip-Hop Albums chart. Released on 415 Day (April 15th) and produced in full by Zaytoven, Zaytoven Presents: Fo15is a fully San Francisco affair, carried out in its entirety by SF natives: the CEO, producer, artists, project manager, graphic designer, publicist, videographers, studio chef, etc., all hail from San Francisco. Conceptualized and A&R’d by EMPIRE CEO Ghazi, the project features multiple appearances from ZayBang, Lil Bean, and Lil Yee, along with fellow San Francisco street heroes Prezi, Lil Pete, and KxNG LLAMA. The tape is home to recent video singles like the snarling ZayBang & Lil Yee-featuring “All My Guys” (750k+ views), the tape-opening posse cut “The Click,” and the luxurious “Bigger Picture,” which features five of the tape’s six emcees.
A paean to a flourishing rap scene and to the city’s indomitable spirit, Fo15 gifts the rap fans of San Francisco with a purely homegrown set of slaps.Zaytoven Presents: Fo15 is available everywhere via EMPIRE.
Watch “Run The Score” ft. Lil Yee, Lil Bean & ZayBang: https://youtu.be/HoLBmcxLmYM
Zaytoven Presents: Fo15 was conceptualized and A&R’d by Ghazi, with A&R assistance from Chuck Kelly aka Frisco Chuck.
Zaytoven Presents: Fo15 tracklist:
(all tracks produced by Zaytoven)
- “The Click” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. ZayBang, Lil Bean, KxNG LLAMA, Lil Yee, Prezi & Lil Pete)
- “Chase Down” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. Lil Bean, ZayBang & Lil Yee)
- “Run The Score” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. Lil Yee, Lil Bean & Zaybang)
- “Anything I Want” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. ZayBang, Lil Yee & Lil Bean)
- “All My Guys” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. Lil Yee & ZayBang)
- “Bigger Picture” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. Lil Bean, ZayBang, Prezi, KxNG LLAMA & Lil Yee)
- “I’m A Dog” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. ZayBang, KxNG LLAMA, Prezi & Lil Bean)
- “Put It On The Line” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. Lil Bean & KxNG LLAMA)
- “Frisco Shit” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. ZayBang, KxNG LLAMA, Prezi & Lil Bean)
- “Gone” – Zaytoven & Fo15 (ft. KxNG LLAMA, Lil Bean & Lil Yee)
San Francisco natives who contributed to the project:
- Ghazi, EMPIRE CEO & Project A&R (Potrero Hill)
- Chuck Kelly, A&R (Fillmore)
- Zaytoven, Producer/Curator (Fillmore)
- ZayBang, Artist (Geneva Towers)
- Lil Bean, Artist (Geneva Towers)
- Lil Pete, Artist (Fillmore)
- Prezi, Artist (Hunters Point)
- Lil Yee, Artist (Fillmore)
- KxNG LLAMA, Artist (Hunters Point)
- Ari Simon, Product Manager (The Richmond District)
- Photo Doctor, Photographer & Graphic Designer (Mission)
- Kiko Valle, Videographer (SOMA)
- Michelle McDevitt, Publicist (Sunset District)
- Chef CleaZ, Studio Chef (Hunter’s Point)
Founded in 2010 by San Francisco native Ghazi, EMPIRE has experienced immense growth through their innovative approach to independent label, distribution and publishing services. With their focus on early stage artist development, the San Francisco based company has been instrumental in launching the careers of multi-platinum, Grammy Award winning artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Cardi B, DRAM and Anderson. Paak. In 2019, the independent EMPIRE continues to make a major impact, with smash hits and new music from Snoop Dogg, Freddie Gibbs, Iggy Azalea, XXXTentacion, Young Dolph, The Free Nationals, and more.
“Run The Score” ft. Lil Yee, Lil Bean & ZayBang: https://youtu.be/HoLBmcxLmYM
“Bigger Picture” ft. Lil Bean, ZayBang, Prezi, KxNG LLAMA & Lil Yee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHFyuVQKY4c
“The Click” ft. ZayBang, Lil Bean, KxNG LLAMA, Lil Yee, Prezi & Lil Pete: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHJ_ECN0xiE