Album: E-40 – Practice Makes Paper
Boasting an Unbeatable Array of Guest Stars and Hosting the Buzzing Posse Cut “Chase The Money,” Practice Makes Paper Reaffirms 40’s Unrivaled Longevity as a Relevant and Innovative Emcee
“E-40 is a national treasure” – Stereogum
“Whoever you are, and whatever your low-grade malaise, E-40 is here to banish it. The Bay Area rap forefather is a human exclamation point, a superhero whose power is remaining helplessly in love with his work. E-40 works harder and more joyfully at making great rap music than you or I have ever worked on anything” – Pitchfork
“The Bay Area’s ambassador E-40 is one of those rare veterans in hip-hop that gets better with time.” – Complex
With an elastic flow and an expansive, ever-evolving vocabulary, E-40 is rap’s reigning Sultan of Slang. Opening up his bottomless book of rhymes for his 29th studio album, E-40 releases Practice Makes Paper. Spanning 26 tracks that explore every corner of the rapper’s headspace, Practice Makes Paper is a testament to 40 Water’s need to succeed and dedication to his craft, which drives his prolific and high-quality output.
The new album is enhanced by countless guest appearances, ranging from longtime collaborators and Bay Area OGs to some of the hottest names in rap, proving the Counselor’s impressive influence and unmatched longevity in the rap game. Featuring appearances from Quavo, ScHoolboy Q, Roddy Ricch, Wiz Khalifa, Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Jeremih, Ty Dolla $ign, Fabolous, Method Man, Redman, A$AP Ferg, Scarface, Tee Grizzley, G-Eazy, Anthony Hamilton, K-Ci, B-Legit, Boosie Badazz, Sada Baby, Payroll Giovanni, P-Lo, Iamsu!, and many, many more, Practice Makes Paper hits stores via Sick Wid It Records.
Highlights from the project include the recent hit posse cut “Chase The Money,” the rubbery slapper “Rain On My Parade,” which boasts some of 40’s best one liners (“Got more game than Dave & Busters”; “They got my name in they teeth like they cavities/I’m allergic to suckers like peanut allergies”), the devotional love song “1 Question, and the cheekily educational “Bet You Didn’t Know.“
Produced by rising sound architect ChaseTheMoney (who else?), “Chase The Money” is a haunting, bass-heavy banger and a rising summer smash, with appearances from Quavo, Roddy Ricch, ScHoolboy Q, and A$AP Ferg. With over 13.9 million YouTube views on the cinematic video and over 4 million streams on Spotify, “Chase The Money” is one of the biggest event singles of 2019.
Last week, 40 dropped a new line of merch inspired by Practice Makes Paper. Offering hoodies and t-shirts in two different colors, as well as a signed Practice Makes Paper CD, the new merch allows you to pledge allegiance to The Counselor in any climate. The merch is currently available to purchase at the Practice Makes Paper website.
In addition to his legend status in the rap game, E-40 is a mogul in the world of adult beverages. His premium tequila, E Cuarenta, can be found at retailers across the West Coast and Midwest, including Safeway, BevMo!, Total Wine & More, Save Mart, Albertson’s, FoodMaxx, Raley’s, Lucky Supermarkets, Costco, and more.
Buy/Stream Practice Makes Paper: https://e-40.lnk.to/PracticeMakesPaper
Buy E-40’s new Practice Makes Paper merch: https://practicemakespaper.com
Buy/Stream “Chase The Money”: https://E-40.lnk.to/ChaseTheMoney
Practice Makes Paper Tracklist:
01. Wake They Shit Up feat. B-Legit & Stresmatic (Produced By: Traxamillion)
02. Goat feat. Milla (Produced By: Clayton William)
03. Chase The Money feat. Quavo, Roddy Ricch, Schoolboy Q & A$AP Ferg (Produced By: ChaseTheMoney)
04. 1 Question feat. Jeremih, Rick Ross, & Chris Brown (Produced By: Hitmaka)
05. Rain On My Parade feat. Ty Dolla $ign & G Eazy (Produced By: Paupa & Cypress Moreno)
06. Big Deal feat. Wiz Khalifa & P-Lo (Produced By: P-Lo)
07. Watch The Homies feat. Scarface (Produced By: Prop The Producer)
08. I Don’t Like Em feat. Cousin Fik & Laroo (Produced By: Traxx Fdr)
09. I’m It (Produced By: Bankroll Got It)
10. No Choice feat. James Too Cold (Produced By: Fre$H On The Beat)
11. I Come From The Game feat. Payroll Giovanni, Peezy & Sada Baby (Produced By: Helluva)
12. Don’T @ Me feat. Omb Peezy (Produced By: Traxamillion)
13. Blossom feat. Boosie Badazz & Rexx Life Raj (Produced By: Reece Beats)
14. Made This Way feat. Tee Grizzley & Rod Wave (Produced By: Traxx Fdr)
15. Ooh feat. Problem (Produced By: Raytona)
16. Another One feat. Fabolous & Red Cafe (Produced By: Traxx Fdr)
17. In The Struggle (Produced By: Zeke Beats / Additional Production By: Droop-E & Migui Maloles)
18. I’mma Find Out (Produced By: Decadez)
19. Stayed Down feat. Omb Peezy, Trenchrunner Poodie & Damani (Produced By: Traxamillion)
20. All Day Long feat. $Tupid Young (Produced By: Paupa)
21. Surroundings feat. Stresmatic (Produced By: Dnyce)
22. Bet You Didn’t Know (Produced By: Issue)
23. Facts Not Fiction feat. Stresmatic (Produced By: Helluva)
24. Thou Wow feat. Iamsu (Produced By: Iamsu)
25. Keep On Gassin’ feat. Redman, Method Man & Bosko (Produced By: Supa Dave West / Additional Production By: Bosko)
26. My Everything feat. Anthony Hamilton & K-Ci (Produced By: Disko Boogie)
Please contact Michelle or Scott for more info.
One of the most celebrated rappers of all time, E-40 has attained legendary status in hip-hop. Since making his debut with The Click almost 30 years ago and becoming one of the first West Coast rap artists to sign to a major label, his name has become synonymous with the independent music movement. E-40 has released 24 solo albums, become a platinum recording artist and collaborated with artists including Tupac, UGK, and Snoop Dogg. At age 48, E-40 is an anomaly in hip-hop, maintaining his relevance over a career that spans three decades. In the past few years alone, he’s been featured on several Billboard charts (“Choices,” Big Sean’s “IDFWU”, Ty Dolla $ign’s “Saved”), he’s earned an RIAA-certified Platinum plaque (“Choices”) and starred and had his 2006 smash hit “Tell Me When to Go” featured in a Beats By Dre commercial. Says E-40, “What’s happening at this point in my career defies logic. Name another 48-year-old rapper with one Gold record, let alone three in the same year. My fans stretch much further than the Bay Area, further than just the West Coast. I brought so much shit to hip-hop. I’ve been relevant in each generation and each decade and I’ve done it as an independent artist.”
E-40’s success extends beyond the music industry, most notably through his entrepreneurship in the adult beverages industry. His wine business, Earl Stevens Selections, distributes high-quality wine to stores across the country, including BevMo, Safeway, and local liquor stores. He has made inroads into the pre-mixed cocktail business with Sluricane, a signature bottled-mix named after his 1995 hit “Hurricane,” with The Click, which was the top-selling beverage at BevMo when it was first released. Most recently, E-40 announced E. Cuarenta, his new signature line of premium tequilas. E-40 released The Gift Of Gab, his most recent album, in 2018. Stay tuned for Practice Makes Paper, coming this summer.
twitter | facebook | youtube | soundcloud | instagram | spotify
Bio, press photos, music and more at www.audibletreats.com/e-40
Practice Makes Paper: https://e-40.lnk.to/PracticeMakesPaper
Buy Practice Makes Paper merch: https://practicemakespaper.com
“Chase The Money” ft. Quavo, Roddy Ricch, ScHoolboy Q & A$AP Ferg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rQ6bmLHkBg // https://E-40.lnk.to/ChaseTheMoney
Pre-order Practice Makes Paper: https://e-40.lnk.to/PracticeMakesPaper
“Melt” ft. Milla: https://youtu.be/YpSjM0Wi4fw // https://e40.lnk.to/Melt
The Gift of Gab: https://e40.lnk.to/GiftOfGab
E-40 & B-Legit’s Connected & Respected: http://smarturl.it/E40BL
The D-Boy Diary: Books 1 & 2: http://smarturl.it/TheDBoyDiary
“Tell Me When To Go”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GZbaXdK8Js