“Jersey Club King” DJ Sliink Shares Bricks To The 6 EP, Stars With SAFE in “Warrior” Video
One of the most influential figures in the history of Jersey Club, Newark’s DJ Sliink stands at the intersection of club music and mainstream hip-hop, R&B, and electronic. As Jersey Club reaches a new mainstream moment, Sliink shares Bricks To The 6, a new EP that mixes characteristic sounds with rhymes from heavy-hitting East Coasters Bandmanrill and Sha EK and the melodic stylings of Toronto’s SAFE. The new EP arrives with “Warrior,” a new music video starring DJ Sliink and SAFE.
Check out some additional info about DJ Sliink and the new EP, and see the full press release down below:
- Stacey White aka DJ Sliink is 32 year old DJ from Newark, NJ, known by his peers as “The Jersey Club King” and as the “Global Ambassador of Jersey Club”
- Sliink’s new EP Bricks To The 6 features the acclaimed single “Real Hips II” ft. Bandmanrill, which debuted at #2 on Billboard’s Dance/Electronic Digital Songs Sales Chart, and earned praise from XXL, Stereogum, Brooklyn Vegan & more
- Bricks To The 6 EP combines the sound of Sliink’s hometown of Newark with the melodic vibe that flourishes in SAFE’s hometown of Toronto
- Sliink was named a Billboard 2020 Change Agent for Acts of Change
- On September 6th, DJ Sliink hosted a special edition of #GlobalCultureRadio on SiriusXM/Diplo’s Revolution with special guests, Diplo, DJ Snake, Skrillex, SAFE & Bandmanrill
- DJ Sliink is the Music Director for Laquan Smith’s NYFW Show on September 11th, continuing a run of NYC shows that included a performance at MoMA PS1 in August
The EP + Video:
September 8, 2023 – As Jersey Club reaches new heights, the genre’s Global Ambassador, DJ Sliink, shares Bricks To The 6, his new EP that showcases and evolves his signature sound, blended with the melodic stylings of Toronto’s SAFE, and flows from heavy-hitting East Coasters Bandmanrill and Sha EK.
The EP’s lead single, “Warrior“, features a new music video starring DJ Sliink and SAFE.
The EP title, Bricks To The 6, refers to the impeccable chemistry between Newark native Sliink & Bandmanrill and Toronto’s SAFE, who find an unexpected common ground between the sounds of two vastly different urban environments. Bricks To The 6 is available everywhere now.
“Real Hips II”, debuted at #2 on Billboard’s Dance/Electronic Digital Songs Sales Chart and earned praise from XXL, Stereogum, Brooklyn Vegan & more. “In The Night” was added to The FADER’s Song You Need In Your Life playlist and also received playlist support from Spotify’s New Music Friday Dance, Jersey Club Heat, and Apple Music’s New In Dance. Bricks To The 6 EP also features “On Bro” (ft. Bandmanrill) and “Jiggiest In Jersey” (ft. Sha EK & Bandmanrill).
DJ Sliink recently performed at MoMa PS1’s Warm Up 2023 and spinned at Coco and Breezy’s Event on September 7th, as well as music directing for Laquan Smith’s NYFW Show on September 11. Los Angeles fans can catch DJ Sliink on September 24th at Pangea Party, announcing this week!
Bricks To The 6 EP tracklist:
1. Real Hips II (ft. Bandmanrill)
2. In The Night (ft. SAFE and Bandmanrill)
3. Jiggiest In Jersey (ft. Sha EK and Bandmanrill)
4. On Bro (ft. Bandmanrill)
5. Warrior (ft. SAFE)
“Jersey club is having its moment, and a lot of it is thanks to producer DJ Sliink.” – The FADER
“DJ Sliink is essential to the future of pop music” – Skrillex.
“An undisputed pioneer within the electronic music space, DJ Sliink has been crowned by his peers as the ‘Jersey Club King,’ and for good reason.” – EDM.com
DJ Sliink (credit: Jimmy Fontaine)
Known to his peers as “The Jersey Club King” and as the “Global Ambassador” of Jersey Club — DJ Sliink helped spread the genre from humble beginnings in Newark, New Jersey’s DIY party spaces to international culture hotspots like London, Paris, Milan, and Japan, with mainstream attention from Pitchfork, Billboard, SPIN, FADER, and more. Sliink has collaborated with stars like Doja Cat, Marshmello, Flosstradamus, and Skrillex, even signing to the latter’s OWSLA imprint for a time. Currently the host of his weekly radio show #GlobalCultureRadio on SiriusXM/Diplo’s Revolution, Sliink’s impact is felt off the dancefloor as well–in 2020, he was named a Billboard 2020 Change Agent for Acts Of Change. He was recognized for his push for equality and diversity in Dance Music and beyond. Dj Sliink curates his own Spotify Track IDs Playlist (Here) & Mixes & Hosts his weekly Radio Show “Global Culture Radio” on Diplos Revolution on SiriusXM.
Bricks To The 6 EP: https://defiantpresents.lnk.to/BricksToThe6
“Warrior” ft. SAFE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKTeYw1Z6g
“In The Night” ft. SAFE & Bandmanrill: https://defiantpresents.lnk.to/inthenight
“Real Hips II” ft. Bandmanrill: https://defiantpresents.lnk.to/RealHipsII