Video: B.A. The Great – “Day 1”
The Marietta, Georgia Native Returns With a Heartfelt, Decades-Spanning Video for a Highlight from His 2018 Cross Town Project
Providing a unique take on Atlanta’s signature rap sound, B.A. The Great‘s rugged lyricism reflects the haggard circumstances of his neighborhood and upbringing. Detailing the attachments and unbreakable bonds formed in that crucible, B.A. shares “Day 1,” his new video. A dramatic trap track that finds B.A. showing off his skill with urgent melody on the hook, “Day 1” takes a look back at B.A.’s tumultuous youth in Marietta, GA, and how he relied on the people around him to make it through: “And all of my n****s from the same struggle/And all of my n****s from the same hustle/And we brother like the same mother/We stick together, so they can’t touch us.”
Filmed during a rare Georgia snowfall, the video follows B.A. The Great as he recounts his relationship with his oldest friends, with the action spanning decades from his youth (when B.A.’s boys had his back in a fist fight), to a present-day porch party in Marietta. “Day 1” is the latest video from Cross Town, B.A. The Great’s debut album, which dropped in late 2018.
Collecting eleven tracks that span the trap spectrum, Cross Town ricochets from hard-nosed club tracks, like the lead single “Trap Krazy,” to heartfelt loyalty anthems like “Bus Patna.” Executive produced by Mike WiLL Made It and featuring production from Mike WiLL, Go Grizzly, Lo Get Em, Few Beats, and others, Cross Town is a promising and absorbing project from one of the ATL scene’s most incisive trap lyricists.
Watch “Day 1”: https://youtu.be/d5Nkmr1R-4M
Cross Town Tracklist:
1) Everyday Struggle [Produced by Few Beats]
2) Lord Forgive Me [Produced by Lo Get Em]
3) Anyway [Produced by Go Grizzly]
4) Bus Patna [Produced by Few Beats]
5) Trap Krazy [Produced by Lo Get Em]
6) Nah Fr [Produced by Trap Fanatics]
7) The Last Supper [Produced by Mike WiLL Made-It and Resource (Eardrummers)]
8) Day 1 [Produced by Cash Clay Beats]
9) 220 Drip [Produced by Mike WiLL Made-It and 30 Roc (Eardrummers)]
10) Walked In [Produced by Young Bless]
11) Ballin [Produced by Andre Moss, Scooly (Eardrummers), Glo, and Bobo Swae]
12) Certified [Produced by Few Beats]
B.A. The Great represents a new voice in the Atlanta scene, and he has the blessing of Mike WiLL Made It. His upcoming mixtape Cross Town is an 11-track project filled with hard-nosed raps about turning a page in life and rising above life’s inexplicably unfair disadvantages. Released by EMPIRE, Cross Town arrives on October 28th.
“Day 1”: https://youtu.be/d5Nkmr1R-4M
“Bus Patna”: https://youtu.be/TO5RjRNW1QM